Here are 2 simple solutions to reset your WordPress admin password.
Solution 1: PhpMyAdmin
- Login cPanel, click on phpMyAdmin under Databases.
- Select your WordPress database. For example: Username_wrdp1.
- Go to wp_users, click on Browse.
- Look for your Username and click Edit.
- Reset your password by inserting a new value into user_pass. Remember, it is case-sensitive.
- Once you completed this, click the dropdown menu under Function, and choose MD5 from the menu.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Go button.
Solution 2: Via FTP
- Login your FTP account.
- Go to “../wp-content/themes/(your active theme)/”, download the functions.php file.
- Open functions.php and add the code below right after the first <?php:
Replace YourNewPassword with your desired new password. The “1” in the script is the user ID number in the wp_users table.
- Upload the edited functions.php file to your FTP.
- Remove the code and upload to your FTP after you’re able to login WordPress.